Have you ever wanted to create a solid body of work to submit to galleries and grant opportunities, but not known where to start?
Well this course is designed to support you in that process!
This course is an eight week, mentorship drive, course that will guide you from idea to finished project.
In an intensive, critique-based environment you will work with me and your peers to refine a strong theme and aim to create five strong pieces of work that will show your voice and skill as an artist.
Every week we will meet for up to an hour and a half and provide timed critique and feedback of works, as well as provide support and guidance on works in progress during the intervening days.
The goal of this course will be to create at least 5 strong pieces of work that fit into an strong theme. Within that process you will define your theme, create a strong artist's statement, and learn to speak about your work so that when it comes time to submit to galleries or grants you have that work already ready to go!
Each week our schedule would mostly be related to personal work time, and we would meet for an hour and a half in an online space once a week.
The rest of the week will be guided independent study-style time for you to focus on your work.
Our weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Class Day: Open timed critique with honest feedback from class and instructor. Direct instructions on improvements/fixes/directions
- Day 2: Students share concepts and sketches seeking feedback s on next piece
- Day 3: continued of Day 2
- Day 4: Works in Progress uploaded to the group for feedback and refocusing
- Day 5: Works in Progress on both the current piece and the corrections on the previous piece
- Day 6: REST. We must hide the work from ourselves and only work on corrections (previous work) or on sketches for next piece
- Day 7: Fresh eyes, look at work and make all final corrections to piece before turning in the next day. No interaction with instructor on current work.
Within this class we will also provide support on creating a strong artist's statement to support your work!
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a driven award-winning fine art photographer, educator, digital marketing strategist and author of the book "Perfect Facebook Ads for Photographers."
My fine art has won international awards, been published on dozens of book covers and has been shown in solo and group shows across the United States and abroad.
Now I want to help you get your images off of the screen and into the real world!